Green Status & Awards
Certified Green by IACC Gold Tier Status
The International Association of Conference Centers shall be a leader in creating environmental awareness among IACC member properties and their clients. We do this by communicating the initiatives that we have researched and identified as having a lesser environmental impact; by encouraging IACC members to adopt these environmentally responsible practices into their business operations; and by continuous improvement to our own management efforts; all with the goal of reducing our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
The International Association of Conference Centers has a rigorous Code of Sustainability which includes 55 tenets in the following areas:
- Education, Awareness and Public Declaration
- Waste Management
- Water Conservation
- Energy Management
- Air Quality
- Food & Beverage
IACC monitors and updates the Code periodically in order to ensure that it reflects state-of-the-art best practices.
When IACC members sign the Code of Sustainability, they certify that their organization supports IACC's Environmental Policy and they join with other members in striving for more sustainable, environmentally responsible industry policies and practices.
Members are required to update the status of their adherence to applicable tenets in the Code on an annual basis and IACC recognizes three tiers of participation. Members that achieve 100% of the Code qualify for the Platinum Tier; those that achieve 85% qualify for the Gold Tier; and those that achieve 75% qualify for the Silver Tier.
CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
- International Association of Conference Center's 2011 Code of Sustainability, Gold tier
- Community Sustainability Top Award by the Catamount Institute 2010 (Catamount Institute cultivates the critical minds of today while nurturing the critical minds of tomorrow. Its mission is to inspire ecological stewardship through education, sustainability and leadership)
- Colorado Environmental Leadership 2010 Silver Partner (Cheyenne Mountain Resort is one of only 44 organizations in the state to be a Silver Partner the only independent resort/hotel among the entire membership of 134, and one of just six organizations from Colorado Springs).
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment's Environmental Program, Silver Partner 2010 (letter from our governor)