Back to Press Releases
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Cheyenne Mountain this Summer
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO June 2014 As families gear up for summer fun under the sun, Cheyenne Mountain Resort and Country Club (CMRCC) is rolling out a series of activities and experiences that add cachet to Colorado Springs' summertime lure. Situated on 217 acres, CMRCC is a getaway in itself with a medley of amenities that range from a private beachfront lake and Pete Dye championship golf course to an expanded Passport to Summer Kidz program, and award-winning brunches and zoo breakfasts. In summer, the lineup only gets better with dive-in pool movies, over the top s'mores bars, beach volleyball and hotel rates starting as low as $145. As a destination, Colorado Springs offers an array of summer area attractions to entertain kids of all ages, including the Royal Gorge, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, and the U.S. Olympics' flagship training center.
Top 10 Ways to Have Fun at Cheyenne Mountain Resort and Country Club
1. Tee & Drive on Colorado's Only Renovated Golf Course - After a $3.8 million renovation effort, CRMCC's 18-hole Pete Dye-designed championship golf course is now open. Boasting an array of course enhancements, eco-friendly features and increased course yardage, playtime on the fairway awaits.
2. Dive-In Movies - Every Saturday at dusk, head out to the main resort pool to enjoy complimentary G- or PG-rated dive-in movies under the stars.
3. Kidz Zoo Breakfast - Every Saturday from 8:30-10am in the Mountain View Restaurant, plan to visit and mingle with animal guests from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo after breakfast. Animal meet+greet is complimentary. Breakfast Buffet is $8 per child and $16 per adult. A la carte menu is available as well.
4. Playtime on the Lake - Take advantage of the resort's 35-acre lake with complimentary watercraft rentals, including kayaks, sailboats, paddle boats, canoes and aqua bikes. Build sand castles, play beach volleyball and enjoy making sand angels on the resort's private sandy beach. You don't have to be at sea level to enjoy the beach!
5. Gourmet S’mores Bar - Every Saturday night from 6-8pm in the Will Rogers Lounge, treat the family to the ultimate s'mores bar experience. Think caramel, nuts, peanut butter, Reese’s, banana chips and more! $10 per guest.
6. Playtime Anytime - With four outdoor pools; one indoor pool; a kids splash park; a kiddie pool; 18 tennis courts; a renovated Pete Dye golf course and a state of the art fitness and aquatic center, families won't be bored during their stay!
7. Music on the Terrace - On Thursday and Friday evenings, enjoy complimentary live music on the Sundance or Pineview Terraces. We'll leave the choice to sit and listen or get up and dance up to you!
8. Seafood Buffet - Every Friday, from 6-10pm enjoy a deluxe seafood spread with mountain views that includes specialty items like steamed snow crab, oysters on the half shell, shrimp, salmon and more. Adults $32 Children 9-12 $1 Kidz 8 & under free.
9. Kids Eat FREE - Everyday in the Mountain View Restaurant, kids 8 and under eat free for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
10. For the Adults - Since kids aren't the only ones who should have fun on vacation, adults can enjoy complimentary brewery and wine tastings every Friday night.
For families looking for something fun to do on the Fourth of July, CMRCC will have an All American holiday celebration featuring drink specials, live jazz music on the terrace (4:30-9pm) and a seafood buffet. At the Club, guests can enjoy live music, inflatable slides, games, DJ, barbecue (11-7pm) with dessert options available after 7pm Live reggae band B-Positive (6:30-8:30pm) with fireworks lighting up the sky around 9pm.
Summer Family Packages
Any day is a great day to head south for the summer and with CMRCC's variety of sun-kissed packages, endless opportunities await for outdoor fun and adventure in Colorado Springs. Below are a highlight of packages currently available.
Passport to Summer Kidz
- Deluxe accommodations with balcony or patio
- Access to Resort amenities, activities and Summer Event Calendar
- Kidz Concierge check in with an exciting welcome gift (Passport to Summer Kidz Backpack with sunglasses, a water bottle, beach ball and more summer time gear. Kidz also get their own personalized passport with photo!
- Gift upon completion of your summer passport adventure
Package is based on a family of four with two children and two adults. Additional children can be added for $10 per child at time of reservation or $20 at check-in. Passport to Summer Kidz starts at $145 per night with an opportunity to save 20 percent for a two night stay or 25 percent for a three night stay.
Summer Golf Playcation
- Luxurious accommodations
- Unlimited golf on the resort's private Pete Dye Championship course with preferred tee-times
- Unlimited use of practice facility including driving range and chipping/putting green
Package is based on double occupancy and is valid Friday, May 23 - October 31 with rates starting at $199 per person.
Build Your Adventure Package
- Deluxe overnight accommodations
- Two s'mores kits
- Full access to the resort's amenities, including golf, tennis, dining, aquatics, private beach and water craft rentals
- Pick your perk: Add any one of the following experiences to your package: jeep tours, fly fishing tours, zip lining, segway tours or hot air balloon ride*
Packages is based on double occupancy and is valid DATES starting at $298 per reservation. Additional guests can be added for $125 per person. Hot air balloon ride is available for an additional $150 per person.
For a complete listing of experiential packages available, visit www.cheyennemountain.com or call (719) 538-4080.
About Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Nestled in the shadows of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains lies Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs’ premier four season resort. The resort’s 316 finely appointed guest rooms and suites featuring Rocky Mountain-inspired décor are arranged in eight residential lodges across Cheyenne Mountain Resort. A vast array of amenities include an 18-hole championship Pete Dye-designed golf course, five swimming pools, tennis and racquetball courts, a health and fitness center, aquatics center and a 35-acre recreation lake. Known for its breathtaking mountain views, exceptional accommodations, fine dining, myriad of activities and comprehensive conference facilities, the AAA Four Diamond Cheyenne Mountain Resort offers the ultimate in Colorado vacationing. For more information, call 800-428-8886 or visit www.cheyennemountain.com.
About Benchmark Resorts & Hotels®
Benchmark Resorts & Hotels® represents the finest in lodging, dining, recreational and meeting accommodations. Many are certified by the International Association of Conference Centers, the leading professional organization governing the multi-billion dollar conference center industry on five continents, and many have also been recognized with the coveted Benchmark Conference Centers® certification of meeting excellence. Benchmark Resorts & Hotels deliver highly specialized service that anticipates guests’ needs and ensures a hospitality experience unsurpassed and long remembered. www.benchmarkresortsandhotels.com. To become a fan on Facebook, visit www.facebook.com/BenchmarkResortsandHotels, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BenchmarkHotels.
Cheyenne Mountain Resort