Back to Press Releases
Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Passport to Summer Elevates Family Fun to New Bragging Heights
From Memorial Day to Labor Day experience the best of beach, mountains and fun under the sun
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO ─ June 1, 2016 ─ Starting this Memorial Day weekend, Cheyenne Mountain Resort will bring new meaning to “family summer vacations” by offering families a ‘travel-tainment’ Passport to Summer filled with interactive explorations, savings and uniquely distinct resort experiences. Passport to Summer was designed with the whole family in mind, offering mom and dad a Parental Perks Passport for savings on cuisine, cocktails, golf and spa treatments while the children enjoy the Kids Club Passport filled with active adventures, games and keepsakes. Passport to Summer package rates start at $229 per night.
Experiential travel has become the industry’s most popular niche among families and Cheyenne Mountain Resort provides nearly 20 unique on-property experiences for kids and kids at heart – and most are complimentary! Guests will uncover educational summer adventures; hands-on Cheyenne Mountain Zoo animal interactions; private lake aquatic excursions; indulgent spa and wellness pampering; delectable fare and tasty signature craft beers and beverages; and distinctive social affairs bundled into one immeasurable summer bragging experience.
Cheyenne Mountain Resort’s Director of Marketing, Curtis Bova noted, “We know today, families are running at 100 miles per hour with little time to truly appreciate family time. With our Passport to Summer program, we hope to give families a reason to slow down together and make the most of every vacation minute.”
Passport to Summer | Kids Club Passport
At check-in, kids receive a backpack with a water bottle, sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen, rubber ducky and beach ball; they also receive a personalized passport to get “stamped” during their stay. Kids collect stamps by participating in select children’s’ activities across the resort and country club. If they get 5 stamps by check-out, they receive a delicious summertime treat from the resort’s General Store. The Kids Club Passport includes these activities:
- Dive-in movies at the pool
- Gourmet s’mores by the fire pit
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo animal visits during the Zoo Breakfast in Mountain View restaurant
- Aquatic adventures and boating on the resort’s 35 acre private recreational lake
- Hitting the golf course or driving range with mom or dad
- Partaking in a sweet treat at The General Store
- Cheyenne Kidz Camp
Passport to Summer | Parental Perks Passport
At check-in, grown-ups receive a passport that includes a combination of special offers and discounts for different amenities and services on-property, including:
- Country Club of Colorado Golf Course
- Alluvia Spa and Wellness Retreat
- Tennis and Fitness Center
- Childcare at Kid’s Korner or Cheyenne Kidz Camp
- Pineview Grille at the Country Club
- Elevations Lounge
- Mountain View Restaurant
- The General Store: Coffee Shop & Creamery
In addition to Passport to Summer fun, guests will enjoy a lineup of weekend travel-tainment experiences to make their stay even more exciting.
- Complimentary Craft Beer Tastings - Wet your whistle and join us every Friday and Saturday evening this summer for a complimentary craft beer tasting at Elevations Lounge. Each week a different Colorado microbrewery will be on hand to pour samples and talk about their delicious, sudsy products. We'll even have craft root beer on hand for the little ones to try too! Friday & Saturday evenings from 5:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- Gourmet S’mores Bar - Not to be outdone, Cheyenne Mountain Resort is known for its Gourmet S'mores Bar featuring caramel, nuts, peanut butter, banana chips, bacon, candies and more! Join us every Friday and Saturday evening on the terrace this summer - we'll have a roaring "campfire" going in our large stone fire pit for marshmallow roasting. And once you've crafted your perfect gourmet s'mores concoction, take in our mountainous views from a rocking chair while enjoying your scrumptious handmade treat. Friday & Saturday evenings from, 6:30-9:30 PM. Additional cost.
- Zoo Breakfast - Enjoy breakfast and visit with your favorite animals from Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! Animal caretakers will provide educational up-close interactions with a variety of species, including skunks, snakes, tortoises, prairie dogs, lizards, insects and many more! Don't forget to ask the Front Desk about discounted Adult Passes to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Saturday mornings from 8:30-10:00 AM. No charge for zoo experience, breakfast is an additional charge.
- Dive-In Movies - Instead of a drive-in movie, why not a dive-in-movie this summer? Bring your floaties and join us at the resort pool for a family-friendly film. We'll even throw in some complimentary popcorn and lemonade! Saturday evenings starting at sunset.
- Award-Winning Sunday Brunch - Guests and families can wind down from the weekend with an award-winning champagne brunch. Enjoy a delicious spread of eggs benedict, crepes, and made-to-order waffles and omelets. Dine al-fresco on the terrace while taking in the best view in Colorado Springs. Sunday from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. Reservations recommended.
To book a reservation or learn more about Cheyenne Mountain Resort, call 800.588.0250 or visit www.cheyennemountain.com.
About Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Nestled in the shadows of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains lies Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs’ premier four season escape. The resort’s 316 finely appointed guest rooms and suites featuring comfortable Rocky Mountain-inspired décor are arranged in eight residential lodges across the property. A vast array of amenities includes an 18-hole championship Pete Dye-designed golf course, five swimming pools, tennis courts, a health and fitness center, aquatics center and a 35-acre recreation lake. Known for its breathtaking mountain views, exceptional accommodations, fine dining, myriad of activities and comprehensive conference facilities, the AAA Four Diamond Cheyenne Mountain Resort offers the ultimate in Colorado vacationing.
Now open, Alluvia Spa and Wellness Retreat at Cheyenne Mountain Resort combines indigenous elements with a pampering touch to deliver temporary refuge for the mind, body and soul.
MEDIA CONTACT: Guadalupe Hirt| DECIBEL | 303.859.1762 | Lupe@DECIBELma.com